August 11, 2009

Long Absence

My how time flies. I haven't posted in almost two months. Here's a quick update (with one picture).

My summer has been crazy busy and it all started with the graduations (I already posted about them).

After the graduations, I had to get busy with the planning of my mother's surprise birthday party. The party was on July 18th. It was a lot of work, I couldn't delegate (guess I will have to work on that). Someone told her we were giving her a party but she still acted like she was surprised so I guess it was fine. She had a great time and I think everything went well. I will post a few pictures later.

When I returned to work, I was faced with a lot of moving and painting. Everything is just about settled now. We had a few people leave and a couple come on board. So welcome to the newbies...

As for the children, J has been at summer camp and seems to enjoy it. He falls asleep in the car everyday. Z spent the summer at daycare and this month she is with one of my best friends having preschool intervention...LOL. The old daycare kept telling me that she didn't know stuff that she should know (i.e. her colors). So, the concerned parent in me pulled her and rushed off to Auntie for intervention. Auntie taught preschool for approximately 13 years. Needless to say, Z is right target. This brings me to one of my craft updates. Since Z will be starting preschool on September 7th, and she needs a blankie, I decided to make her a big girl blanket. Here's a picture of the graph...


Isn't it cute...and it has all the colors of the rainbow. I love it.

Also on the craft front...
1. My coworkers baby was born last week. I started a green and white mile a minute afghan for her. Now to finish it.

2. Once again, I have a new boss this year. She is very "formal" meaning she is often in a full suit. So, I have decided that I need to step my work wear up this year. I started by making myself a few sweaters and shawls. The first on my list was the Swing Line Jacket from the Lion Brand website. I decided on the color Lake. Very nice. So far, I have complete the back and right side and I am currently working on the left side. It looks like it is coming together nicely.

That's all for now...pictures will be posted later this evening.

Happy Hooking.

4 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

Nice to see you around! Sounds like you've been so busy this summer, but a nice kind of busy.

The graph is beautiful and I'm sure the blanket will be too!

Sheila said...

Welcome back busy lady. Your daughter is going to love the blanket once its completed.

Laura said...

Don't you hate when you plan a surprise and someone ruins it?!

Glad to hear you're having a good summer. Mine has been so-so. I need to update my blog, too.

I love the design you graphed out! I have yet to crochet anything from a graph - I just can't get the hang of them.

I know what you mean about the wardrobe. My last (regular) job had an extremely casual dress code, and with working as a temp, I haven't had any extra money for clothes, so my work wardrobe in in drastic need of updating, too.

Don said...

You most certainly have been busy I see. Make sure you let us know how the blanket turned out. The scheme is nice.


God bless.