November 18, 2008

The Sweet Smell of Success

Over the weekend, I was a vendor in my first ever Craft Fair. That's right people...I sold my wears and cleared a little over $200. I have been crocheting for about 10 years now and I have never sold anything. Now I am motivated to crochet and sell my items (for a reasonable price). I had hats and scarves and the only things that sold were the hats. I am not sure why the scarves didn't sell (we do live in New England and it does get extremely cold). I am planning on putting together a document with pictures of the items that did not sell (including prices) and emailing it out to all of my email buddies. Who knows maybe I'll get a few more sales. I committed to having a table again next year. I'll work on display sets, decorations, and a mirror (definitely need a mirror) for next year.

Onto Christmas gifts...

Happy Hooking...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations - that is awesome! A church by my house is looking for crafters for a craft fair, and I thought about doing it, but didn't know if I could make any money off it. I may have to try it now!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on your fabulous sales.