January 09, 2009

Happy Friday

I am so happy today is Friday (even though I know I have a very busy weekend). For starters, let me first wish you all a Happy New Year. The last time I posted was in 2008. I owe you all a few pictures and promise to put some up now and more later.

This weekend we will celebrate Z's 3rd birthday and of course mommy is make the cake (pray that it comes out great). After her 1st birthday, I promised her father that we would not have another "BIG" party until she turned 5. So with that in mind, I had to plan something fun and exciting, and inexspensive. Good thing I am creative.

The Theme: Crayola Coloring
I purchased most of the stuff (decorations) from one of our local dollar stores (I was actually shocked to see that they had matching pieces). Her father decided that we would serve finger sandwiches and chips (keeping in mind that the party is for the little ones NOT the adults). For the cake, I remembered seeing a giant cupcake pan in Michael's while I was working and thought that would be cute. So, I went a purchased one. The giant cupcake will have little friends to go along with it. Hoodies cups and it's a party. Of course I had to do something for the lootbags so I looked around for colorful stuff that was around $1. (This is where I blow the budget.) Sorry D. The most expensive item in the bag was the 8 pack of jumbo washable crayons ($2.83/pack). I only purchased 6, everyone else will get the normal 8 pack.

Wish me luck.

Almost forgot my crochet project. My sister is totally in love with these Slouch Hats that everyone is wearing so I made her one and now she wants more in different colors. I spent some time searching the net for patterns and only came up with 3 or 4. So I thought maybe I could get her to try a beret (same thing right? WRONG.) She hated it. I think it's cute but maybe for my aunt (older lady). Here it is.

Keep Hooking.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!
Kids' birthday parties can get so out of hand money-wise, especially once they start school. I'm amazed at how much money some parents spend on parties. That's a clever idea for the crayon party!

I think the hat is cute, but you're right - it's probably not something a young (I'm 35 - not so young anymore!) would like. If you access to Ravelry, there's a really cute free pattern for a "Swirls Hat" - a newsboy hat with post stitches that form a swirls design, and a brim.